October 30, 2009

deer season


One of the attractions to "our" home in the woods is this line from the MLS listing: "Welcome to your secluded cabin in the woods. Approx 263 ft of river frontage, abundant wildlife, deer, turkey, etc.!"

I'm looking forward to sitting on the front porch and watching the deer come up from the river. Last weekend when we were driving through the countryside looking at houses (none of which hold a candle to River House - the name I've unofficially given the house we want) we saw deer several times, bounding across the road, and a flock of turkeys at the far edge of a field.

Deer season in Indiana and Kentucky officially opened October 1st. If you're a hunter, this is good news. If you're a deer, not so much...

You'll be safe on our 8 acres, wild things. Come, come!


photos: flickr.com/photos/arieldawn, dailydanny.com, flickr.com/photos/rakka,
herz-allerliebst.de, ljcfyi.com, flickr.com/photos/anniebee (2x),
flickr.com/photos/katiemalone, latimesblogs.latimes.com,
vi.sualize.us, esoule.myshopify.com



My heart's in the Highlands, my heart is not here,
My heart's in the Highlands a-chasing the deer;
Chasing the wild deer, and following the roe;
My heart's in the Highlands, wherever I go.
-Robert Burns




http://confessionsofasineater.blogspot.com/

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin