October 2, 2009

now for October eves!


I mark the passage of time in tiny ways: cicadas, then crickets...goldenrod, ironweed, and joe-pye weed...counting down the drift into fall. Autumn-born, this is my favorite season, "my" season, so all heralds of its arrival are eagerly anticipated, intently awaited, and joyfully welcomed.

The sight of pumpkins on porches is, for me, literally giggle-inducing. I usually decorate the house from sidewalk to alley with my collection of pumpkins, skeletons, and witches. I'll have to go easy this year. (De-personalize! Remember, you're not selling your home, you're selling the buyer's next home!) Still, one little pumpkin surely won't hurt...

photos: 1) layoutsparks.com, 2) astorybooklife.com, 3-5 ) countryliving.com,
6)velvetstrawberries.typepad.com


Listen! the wind is rising,
and the air is wild with leaves,
We have had our summer evenings,
now for October eves!
-by Humbert Wolfe




http://confessionsofasineater.blogspot.com/

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin