December 20, 2009

rest in the grace of the world



The long wait is over. We have an accepted offer on the Ormsby house, and have begun to finalize the deal on River House... our house...



I anticipated a wild whooping ecstacy when this moment arrived; instead, I feel calm, and still, and quiet, like this house that will soon be our home:


Dusk at River House


Our bit of the Blue River




Sunset over the Blue River, River House





Full moon over River House




THE PEACE OF WILD THINGS
When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

— Wendell Berry





http://confessionsofasineater.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

sassytrash said...

How exciting and what a beautiful Christmas gift--to get your dream home! Lovely photos!

helle said...

Well, sounds almost like a christmas present sent to you from above!

Your new home looks so cosy and in beautiful and peaceful surroundings, I´m happy for your luck!

Wishing you a wonderful christmas, Susan!

Helle

susan said so said...

Thank you both -it certainly feels like a gift!

xox,
Susan

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin