February 18, 2010

hopefully in case


Last night a bunny hopped across the porch, pausing for a moment in the patch of light outside the window. The dogs are convinced he lives under the porch. I suspect they're right.  


all photos here


These bunnies and the little red-capped girl, by Brooklyn-based artist Naoko Stoop, make me smile and smile. They remind me a bit of the illustrations from The Little Prince, almost deceptively simple and innocent.




And all Rabbit's friends-and-relations spread themselves about on the grass, and waited hopefully in case anybody spoke to them, or dropped anything, or asked them the time.
~ A.A. Milne






http://confessionsofasineater.blogspot.com/

Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

boops said...

so charming and sweet!

i love it when i spot a bunny or two on my way home!

Missa said...

Aw, these illustrations are so, so sweet! I especially love the one with the paper airplane swing.

Congrats on moving into your new home, hope all is going smoothly! I picked up a couple of finishing touches for your little package today so I should get it mailed off soon :)

Chrisy said...

I envy you your rabbit! And those illustrations are fab...particularly the flying one! Take care...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin