August 6, 2010

constant exercise of the imagination


The end of summer is fast approaching; goldenrod has been blooming by the drive for a month already, and I spotted ironweed at the edge of the woods a few days ago. 

It's almost time to plant spring-flowering bulbs, and I'm anxious to get started gardening here on Moss Hill, but (for once) I want to approach garden-making with a plan, and likely the advice of a landscape designer. Since I have neither at this time, I'll settle for pretty pictures. 

Enjoy!




mouse over images for source

Half the interest of a garden is the constant exercise of the imagination.  
~Mrs. C.W. Earle, Pot-Pourri from a Surrey Garden, 1897

http://confessionsofasineater.blogspot.com/
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin