November 20, 2010

what is given


Someone on craigslist has offered to give me this leather-topped desk, and I've happily accepted. I am certain it's a diamond in the rough and will be magnificent after some TLC. Wifey disagrees, but I'm paying her no mind.

Sometimes the low-hanging fruit is the sweetest.




Always fall in with what you're asked to accept. Take what is given, and make it over your way. My aim in life has always been to hold my own with whatever's going. Not against: with. 

Robert Frost 



UPDATE: Easy come, easy go... Mr. Friendly on craigslist ended up giving the desk to someone else. I am only slightly miffed, as it was never mine to begin with, and I pretty much live by the rule that things happen as they should.  



http://confessionsofasineater.blogspot.com/
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

boops said...

score! i'm sure once you give it some tlc she'll love it.

MFAMB said...

that thing is awesome!!! i approve!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin