October 1, 2011

wild with leaves


Hello, October. 

Hello chilly nights, frosty mornings, blazing foliage. Hello sweaters, and boots, and hot chocolate. Hello goldenrod. Hello plaid. Hello goodbye geese. 

There's nothing I can say about you that hasn't been said a thousand thousand times. 

So I'll stop here, and just look.

  
Listen! The wind is rising, 
the air is wild with leaves
We have had our summer evenings, 
now for October eves! 
~ Humbert Wolfe




http://confessionsofasineater.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Merisi said...

Say something? Not easy, your images took my breath away!
Gorgeous autumn symphony.

We are still in full Indian Summer. Were it not for the cooler nights, I'd think September has just begun.

Wonderful autumn days to you,
Merisi

helle said...

Such a pretty season, looking forward to it... this past weekend was indian summertime here. Lovely too I must confess!

Hugs from Helle

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin