June 12, 2012

to feed thy soul

There's more to life than practicalities. Sometimes you need a little soul food.

I still haven't bought a bed for my new nest, I'm keeping my old couch, and I bought 2 chairs and a rug off craigslist. I've got thousands of dollars of moving expenses coming up in just a few weeks.

But I needed something special...something that makes me smile every time I see it. Something that reminds me on a gut level that life is wonderful.

Thank you, Jenny (of MFAMB), for creating - just for me  - that exact something. 

Summer in Skye, by Jenny Anderson
Summer in Skye, by Jenny Anderson

Portree, Skye

If of thy mortal goods thou art bereft,
And from thy slender store two loaves alone to thee are left, 
Sell one, and with the dole 
Buy hyacinths to feed thy soul.



Attributed to the Gulistan of Moslih Eddin Saadi, 
a Mohammedan sheik and Persian poet who lived about 1184-1291



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin