June 4, 2012

uniquely your own

27 days to launch. I'm living in that soon-to-be-moving limbo, with lots of stuff boxed up, lots of stuff just lying about (said in my best Carl Pilkington voice, did you hear it?!). I'm truly almost finished packing, but anyone want to bet that I'll still be in a panic and rush the day before? I will, I just will.

I'm chomping at the bits to get there, and obsessing over my new little place. How will it look when I'm all settled? How will it feel? How do I want it to look and feel? That's the real question, and some of the answers are slow to come...


I know conventional wisdom says to settle in slowly, don't rush it, take your time. But I may only be there a year, so there's not a lot of time to take, and besides, I want to feel at home from the beginning, which means nest-building in high gear. Even if that means making some mistakes along the way...


Which is a metaphor for how I've lived my whole life, and it's worked pretty well for me all these years, despite all current appearances to the contrary.


So, I'll do what I always do: think it to death, plan what I can, then, in the end, fling it all together and see how I like it.


What will I keep, what will I let go? That's always the question, isn't it?


Absorb what is useful. Discard what is not. Add what is uniquely your own.
~ Bruce Lee



1 comment:

life, in small chunks said...

Looks like you've got some great ideas already. Can't wait to see what you do with it all. Your attitude is inspirational, btw.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin